These are the questions that were asked of me during my cohabitation visa interview.
The interview at the Belgian Embassy in Manila is held in front of the waiting area. The interviewer will ask you personal questions using a microphone, so everyone will hear the interview. Before the interviews start, you will be asked to form a line–I would advise not being the first to be interviewed, so you can get a feel of how the interview will be conducted.
Practice your answers to the sample interview questions below, because the interviewer will not let you change your answers if you remember something differently in the middle of the interview.
- What is your full name?
- When is your birthday?
- How old are you?
- What is your highest educational attainment?
- What is your occupation?
- How much is your gross monthly salary?
- Do you plan to work in Belgium?
- How many countries have you visited (provide the names)?
- Do you have any relatives living abroad (list the countries)?
- Have you ever been married before?
- Do you have children from a previous relationship?
- What is the occupation of your parents (list company names)?
- What is the occupation of your siblings (list company names)?
About your relationship
- How did you and your partner meet?
- If you met on a dating site, what made you decide to sign up?
- How long have you known your partner?
- When is your anniversary?
- How often do you communicate with your partner?
- How do you communicate with your partner?
- How many times did you meet in person (provide dates & places)?
- How many times did you meet in Belgium (provide dates)?
- How many times did you meet in your home country (provide dates)?
- Does he ever send you money?
- Do you plan to have kids together? How many?
About your partner
- What is your partner's full name?
- How do you spell your partner's full name?
- When is your partner's birthday?
- How old is your partner?
- In what city was your partner born?
- What is the exact address of your partner?
- How much is the rent of your partner (if applicable)?
- What does your partner do for a living?
- How much is your partner's salary?
- What are the names of your partner's parents?
- How old are your partner's parents?
- What is the occupation of your partner's parents?
- Where do your partner's parents live?
- Does your partner have any brothers and sisters (provide their names and ages)?
If your partner has kids/had a previous marriage
- When did your partner divorce?
- Why was your partner's first marriage not working out?
- Does your partner have any kids from a previous relationship?
- How many kids does he have? How old, who do they live with?
For cohabitation visa applicants
- Why apply for a cohabitation visa, why not just get married?
- Do you plan to get married in the future?
For fiancé visa applicants
- When did your fiancé propose?
- Describe the proposal
- When are you planning to get married?